The British Christmas Tree Growers Association is on the hunt for your favourite Christmas memory.
BCTGA has launched a competition for children aged four to 11 (primary school age) asking them to draw their favourite Christmas memory on an A4 piece of plain paper, along with a couple of sentences explaining their drawing.
At the beginning of October 2019, four entries will be randomly selected and put to a public vote. If less than four entries are submitted, all entries will be shortlisted and put forward to the public vote.
A winner and runner-up will be chosen and announced week commencing 4th November 2019. The child whose drawing is voted as the winner will be awarded a real Christmas tree up to 8ft tall. The child whose drawing is voted as the runner-up will win a real Christmas tree up to 5ft tall.
These will be delivered to their houses in December in time for Christmas – parents must be in attendance.
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw promoter is British Christmas Tree Growers Association (BCTGA).
- BCTGA reserves the right to change these terms at any time and to communicate the changes to entrants by updating these terms on this website.
- The prize draw is open to mainland UK residents, excluding employees of BCTGA or any other organisation linked to the prize draw in any way.
- To enter, users must send their drawing along with the completed form (available on BCTGA’s website) signed with their parents’ permission. Without this form, entry will not be eligible.
- The prize is non-negotiable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- A shortlist of four entries will be randomly selected and put forward to a public vote on Facebook until 31st October 2019. This vote will then decide the winner and a runner-up and will be announced week commencing 4th November 2019.
- Any entries submitted after 30th September 2019 will not be eligible.
- Data which is obtained for permission will be used for this purpose and delivery of the tree (if you are the lucky winner or runner-up) only.
- The address of the winner and runner-up will only be shared with the secretary of the BCTGA, Prominent PR (as competition admins), as well as the supplier and grower providing and delivering the prize.
- BCTGA will reject entries which are (but not limited to) offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating, defaming or pornographic in nature and such posts will be deleted and/or removed. BCTGA’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- The shortlisted entries will be contacted via post and/or email no later than three working days after the competition closing date. The winner and runner-up will also be contacted this way no later than three working days after the end of the public vote.
- The winner will have five working days to respond and accept the prize. Delivery of the Christmas tree prizes will be made at a mutually convenient time in the first two weeks of December. Parents must be present. The winner can specify the size of the Christmas tree up to 8ft. The runner-up can specify the size of the Christmas tree up to 5ft.
- The tree will come from one of the BCTGA farms around the UK.
- Entrants consent to participate in any publicity generated as a result of the competition.
By entering this prize draw, entrants acknowledge that:
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Entrants must not engage in or be connected with any conduct that may bring BCTGA or its products into disrepute. BCTGA reserves the right to remove any content which violates this term.
- BCTGA will not accept responsibility for any late, lost, damaged, incomplete or fraudulent entries, entries lost through technical fault or for technical problems. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees and is bound by the terms and conditions outlined above.