Do you live on Christmas Street? Reside on Holly Road? Do you call Mistletoe Street or Tinsel Road home?
The British Christmas Tree Growers Association is on the hunt for the most Christmassy street name in the UK.
BCTGA has launched a competition on Facebook and is asking you to comment on the post if you live on a street name which has Christmas connotations.
At the end of September, entries will be judged by a panel of Christmas tree growers from BCTGA and shortlisted to five.
The final five will then be put to a public vote. If less than five entries are submitted, all entries will be shortlisted and put forward to the public vote.
The person voted as having the most Christmassy address in the UK will win a real Christmas tree up to 6ft tall.
This will be delivered to the winner’s house in December in time for Christmas.
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw promoter is British Christmas Tree Growers Association (BCTGA).
- BCTGA reserves the right to change these terms at any time and to communicate the changes to entrants by updating these terms on this website.
- The prize draw is open to mainland UK residents, excluding employees of BCTGA or any other organisation linked to the prize draw in any way.
- BCTGA is inviting people to enter the competition on Facebook.
- To enter, users must comment with their street name ONLY on the Facebook competition post.
- The prize is non-negotiable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Judging will take place after 30th September and a shortlist of five entries will be made by the end of the first week of October. A public vote will then decide the winner. This public vote will run until mid-November.
- Any entries submitted after September 30th will not be eligible.
- Proof of your Christmassy name will be required if shortlisted. Accepted methods of proof would include a picture of you with your street’s sign.
- Data which is obtained for proof of your Christmassy street name will be used for this purpose and delivery of the tree (if you are the lucky winner) only.
- The address of the winner will only be shared with the secretary of the BCTGA, Prominent PR (as competition admins), as well as the supplier and grower providing and delivering the prize.
- BCTGA will reject entries which are (but not limited to) offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating, defaming or pornographic in nature and such posts will not be deleted. BCTGA’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- The shortlisted entries will be contacted via social media no later than three working days after the competition closing date. The winner will also be contacted this way no later than three working days after the end of the public vote.
- The winner will have five working days to respond and accept the prize. Delivery of the Christmas tree prize will be made at a mutually convenient time in the first two weeks of December. The winner can specify the size of the Christmas tree up to 6ft.
- The tree will come from one of the BCTGA farms around the UK.
- Entrants consent to participate in any publicity generated as a result of the competition.
By entering this prize draw, entrants acknowledge that:
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Entrants must not engage in or be connected with any conduct that may bring BCTGA or its products into disrepute. BCTGA reserves the right to remove any content which violates this term.
- BCTGA will not accept responsibility for any late, lost, damaged, incomplete or fraudulent entries, entries lost through technical fault or for technical problems. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees and is bound by the terms and conditions outlined above.